- A road pedal with top ranging features without breaking the bank
- Carbon composite reinforced resin body drops weight
- Stainless steel spindle and platform wings boost durability
- Yellow Shimano SPD-SL three-degree float cleats included
- Adjustable release tension customizes the pedals to your preference
- 9/16" spindle thread
- Weight 265 grams per pair
- Lightweight carbon-composite body
- Extra-wide platform for a more efficient transfer of power
- Durable stainless-steel body plate reduces flex and pedal-body wear
- Wide-bearing placement for rigidity and uniform load distribution
- Adjustable entry and release tension settings
- Trusted SHIMANO design, quality, and performance
When we find the right road pedals, they mostly go unnoticed, and we often forget about them until something goes wrong and draws attention to them. Usually, when this occurs, it's time to pony up and purchase some and the usual criteria of not too heavy, not too expensive, and supremely reliable applies. Well if you're in this boat, that's exactly what you get with the 105 PD-R7000 Pedals from Shimano. Renowned for its strong and durable pedals, this R7000 model brings the weight savings of carbon to the party, all at a price you can actually live with.
Shimano didn't go full carbon fiber on the R7000, like on its top-tier pedals, to save some cash and instead uses the material to reinforce the resin body so it's almost as light and more resistant to damage. Where cleat meets pedal, stainless steel wings increase the durability and provides a wide platform helping to increase power transfer and stability. The cleat itself is Shimano's classic SPD-SL, ideal for all-around use, and the included "Yellow" version has three degrees of knee-friendly float and other versions are available separately that offer more or less float to suit your tastes. Shimano also thoughtfully designed the cleat for easy walking, so you don't go skating across the floor when you walk into the cafe.